Over the past few decades, medical marijuana has been confirmed to provide a wide variety of extremely profound benefits for the mind and body. While an increasing percentage of the population is becoming aware of the many beneficial qualities of cannabis, most people still have no idea how to get a medical marijuana card. Do you happen to reside in the state of Florida and want to know what you need in order to get your weed card? Let’s take a deeper look at the most common questions that Floridians have about getting their medical cannabis card below.
What are the primary medical marijuana card benefits in Florida?
The main benefit of having a medical weed card is the fact that you can procure, use, and possess cannabis legally from a state-licensed dispensary or delivery service. Medical cannabis has been shown to be very effective at treating a variety of different physical and mental illnesses. However, the state of Florida only gives out weed cards for very specific disorders. The conditions you must be suffering from to qualify for a Florida medical marijuana card include:
- Positive HIV status
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Chronic pain caused by another qualifying medical ailment
- Any terminal conditions
- Other medical conditions that are deemed to be as serious as the disorders mentioned above
How old do you have to be to get a medical card in Florida?
While marijuana can be effective at combating ailments for people of all ages, there is a minimum age requirement that you must meet in order to legally obtain a medical cannabis card. This is primarily due to the fact that cannabis is still somewhat of an intoxicant due to the powerful effects of THC (the infamous cannabinoid that is responsible for the euphoric weed high). The minimum age you must be to get a weed card in Florida is 18 years old.
How to qualify for medical marijuana in Florida
In order to get a cannabis card in Florida, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident of the state of Florida (either seasonal or all-year around).
- Must be over 18 years old (as stated before).
- Must have legitimate medical documentation from your primary care physician that show evidence of you suffering from a qualifying medical disorder (this documentation can be in the form of medical records, x-rays, etc.)
- The certifying physician at the medical card evaluation center must re-confirm your qualifying medical condition through an in-person diagnosis
- Once the certifying physician has determined that you are qualified for a medical card, they must enter you into the Medical Marijuana Use Registry.
- At this point, you apply for your physical medical marijuana card. This can be done online or through the mail.
Don’t forget that you must get your medical card renewed every 30 weeks in order to keep your medical marijuana privileges active.
Feeling ready to get your Florida medical cannabis card but not sure where to go? No need to worry; just pick up your phone and give Biofit a call! Biofit is one of the top medical marijuana evaluation centers in the state due to the fact that we make this potentially confusing and aggravating process as simple and professional as possible. Who needs extra headaches when they are already dealing with health problems in the first place? Not you! And you certainly won’t with us! Please contact us today and set up an appointment to get your card as soon as possible.